Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is a popular rapper, actress, and social media personality known for her unapologetic and outspoken personality. Born and raised in The Bronx, New York City, Cardi B has become a household name and has made a name for herself in the entertainment industry.
In this article, we will explore 50 fascinating facts about Cardi B that you may not have known before. From her humble beginnings to her rise to fame, her personal life, and her career achievements, we’ll delve deep into the life of one of the most influential and fascinating personalities of our time.
50 Cardi B Trivia Facts:
- Cardi B’s real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar.
- She was born on October 11, 1992, in The Bronx, New York City.
- Her parents are from Trinidad and the Dominican Republic.
- Cardi B grew up in Highbridge, a neighborhood in the South Bronx.
- She has a younger sister named Hennessy Carolina, who is also a social media personality and influencer.
- Cardi B attended Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology in the Bronx, but dropped out at the age of 16.
- Before her music career took off, Cardi B worked as a stripper.
- She began stripping at the age of 19 to escape an abusive relationship and support herself financially.
- Cardi B has openly spoken about her past as a stripper and has advocated for the rights of sex workers.
- She first gained popularity on social media platforms such as Instagram and Vine, where she would post humorous videos and commentary.
- Cardi B’s breakthrough moment came in 2015 when she joined the cast of the VH1 reality TV show “Love & Hip Hop: New York” for two seasons.
- In 2017, she released her debut single “Bodak Yellow”, which became a massive hit and topped the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- The song’s success earned Cardi B the title of the first solo female rapper to reach the top of the charts in 19 years.
- Cardi B’s debut studio album, “Invasion of Privacy,” was released in 2018 and received critical acclaim.
- The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and included hit singles such as “Bodak Yellow,” “I Like It,” and “Be Careful.”
- In 2019, Cardi B starred in the film “Hustlers,” alongside Jennifer Lopez, Lili Reinhart, and Constance Wu.
- The film was a critical and commercial success and received numerous award nominations.
- Cardi B has won several prestigious awards, including a Grammy Award for Best Rap Album in 2019.
- She is the first solo female artist to win the award.
- Cardi B has been nominated for multiple awards throughout her career, including BET Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and American Music Awards.
- Cardi B married rapper Offset, a member of the hip-hop group Migos, in 2017.
- The couple has a daughter together named Kulture Kiari Cephus, born in July 2018.
- Cardi B has been open about her struggles with postpartum depression following the birth of her daughter.
- She has also been vocal about her struggles with fame and the negative impact it can have on mental health.
- In addition to music and acting, Cardi B is also a successful businesswoman and has launched her own fashion line, “Fashion Nova.”
- She has also collaborated with major brands such as Pepsi, Reebok, and MAC Cosmetics.
- Cardi B is known for her unique fashion sense and often wears bold and colorful outfits.
- She has been featured on the cover of numerous magazines, including Rolling Stone, Vogue, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Cardi B is also a philanthropist and has donated to several charitable causes, including Hurricane Harvey relief efforts and COVID-19 relief efforts.
- She has also been involved in activism and has spoken out about issues such as police brutality and systemic racism.
- Cardi B has a close relationship with her family, particularly her mother, whom she has credited with supporting her throughout her career.
- She has also faced criticism and controversy throughout her career, particularly for her explicit lyrics and provocative persona.
- Cardi B has been involved in several high-profile feuds with other celebrities, including Nicki Minaj and Candace Owens.
- Despite the controversy, Cardi B has maintained a loyal fanbase and is known for her authenticity and outspokenness.
- Cardi B is fluent in Spanish and often incorporates Spanish lyrics into her music.
- She has cited Dominican singer Ivy Queen as one of her biggest musical influences.
- Cardi B is also a fan of anime and has cited Sailor Moon as one of her favorite shows.
- In 2018, Cardi B became the first female rapper to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.
- She has been compared to other iconic female rappers such as Lil’ Kim and Missy Elliott.
- Cardi B has a tattoo of a peacock on her hip.
- She is known for her distinctive voice and accent, which she has described as a mix of “hood” and “Latin.”
- Cardi B has collaborated with several high-profile artists throughout her career, including Bruno Mars, Bad Bunny, and Megan Thee Stallion.
- She has also expressed interest in collaborating with artists outside of the hip-hop genre, such as Lady Gaga and Adele.
- Cardi B has been involved in several legal disputes throughout her career, including a lawsuit over a mixtape cover and a trademark dispute with the brand “Cardi.”
- In 2020, Cardi B released a controversial single called “WAP” featuring Megan Thee Stallion, which sparked debates over female sexuality and empowerment.
- The song was a commercial success and broke several records, including the most streams in a single week by a female artist.
- Cardi B has been open about her struggles with body image and has undergone several cosmetic procedures, including breast augmentation and liposuction.
- She has also faced criticism for promoting unrealistic beauty standards.
- Cardi B is active on social media and has millions of followers on platforms such as Instagram and Twitter.
- Despite her success and fame, Cardi B remains grounded and has expressed gratitude to her fans for their support throughout her career.
Childhood and Early Life:
- Her real name is Belcalis Almanzar
- She was born and raised in the Bronx, New York
- Her parents are from Trinidad and the Dominican Republic
- She attended Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology
- She was a member of the Bloods gang
- She worked as a stripper to make ends meet
- She began stripping at the age of 19
- She has been vocal about the challenges and dangers of the industry
- She has used her experiences as a stripper in her music
Love and Relationships:
- She is married to fellow rapper Offset
- They have one daughter named Kulture Kiari Cephus
- She has been open about the challenges of balancing motherhood and her career
- She has also been open about the ups and downs of her relationship with Offset
Breakthrough in Music:
- Her breakthrough song was “Bodak Yellow”
- She became the first female rapper to have a solo number one on the Billboard Hot 100 since Lauryn Hill in 1998
- She has released several successful albums, including “Invasion of Privacy” and “WAP”
- She has appeared in several films and TV shows, including “Hustlers” and “Love & Hip Hop: New York”
- She has expressed interest in pursuing more acting roles in the future
Controversies and Feuds:
- She has been involved in several high-profile feuds, including with Nicki Minaj and Candace Owens
- She has been criticized for her provocative lyrics and performances
- Her song “WAP” sparked controversy and debate about female sexuality and empowerment
Fashion and Style:
- She is known for her bold and colorful fashion choices
- She has collaborated with several fashion brands, including Fashion Nova and Reebok
- She has been featured on the covers of several fashion magazines, including Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar
- She has launched her own fashion line, called “Fashion Nova”
- She has also launched her own makeup line, called “Bardi Beauty”
- She has endorsed several products and brands, including Pepsi and Uber
Philanthropy and Activism:
- She has been involved in several philanthropic and charitable efforts, including donating to Hurricane Harvey relief and supporting COVID-19 relief efforts
- She has been vocal about social and political issues, including police brutality and the Black Lives Matter movement
- She has endorsed several political candidates, including Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden
Personal Life and Family:
- She has been open about her struggles with anxiety and depression
- She has been a victim of domestic violence in the past
- She is close with her family, including her sister Hennessy Carolina
What is Cardi B’s real name?
Cardi B’s real name is Belcalis Almanzar.
Where is Cardi B from?
Cardi B was born and raised in the Bronx, New York.
What was Cardi B’s occupation before she became a rapper?
Cardi B worked as a stripper before she became a rapper.
What was Cardi B’s breakthrough song?
Cardi B’s breakthrough song was “Bodak Yellow.”
Has Cardi B won any awards?
Yes, Cardi B has won several awards, including a Grammy for Best Rap Album in 2019.
Is Cardi B married?
Yes, Cardi B is married to fellow rapper Offset.
Does Cardi B have any children?
Yes, Cardi B has one daughter named Kulture Kiari Cephus.
What is Cardi B’s net worth?
As of 2021, Cardi B’s net worth is estimated to be around $24 million.
What is Cardi B’s fashion line?
Cardi B’s fashion line is called “Fashion Nova.”
What is Cardi B’s most controversial song?
Cardi B’s most controversial song is “WAP.”
Cardi B is a fascinating and complex personality who has made a name for herself in the entertainment industry. From her humble beginnings to her rise to fame, she has faced numerous challenges and controversies but has always remained true to herself. Through her music, activism, and business ventures, she has become an inspiration to many and a cultural icon of our time. With her talent, authenticity, and determination, Cardi B is sure to continue making waves in the industry for years to come. By exploring these 50 surprising facts about Cardi B, we can gain a deeper appreciation for the woman behind the music and the impact she has had on our society.