Table of Contents
A National Corona survey on COVID-19 conducted across all districts to assess various ways to cope up with ongoing health crises was released by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances(DARPG), GoI.
The survey will help the policymakers at national and state levels in formulating effective policies to reduce the impacts of COVID-19.
The report released by DARPG highlights the main priorities and constraints of COVID-19 preparedness analyzed by the public servants working in the field.
Insights of The National Preparedness Survey
- Awareness amongst the general public about the COVID-19 pandemic is very high.
- It points out the approach adopted by India to control the spread of virus has been coherent, purposeful and determined till now.
- The government representatives have reached out to people and spread awareness about the pandemic and the importance of social distancing to protect themselves.
- The central and state government are working in coordination with each other to ensure the continuous supply of essential items and make sure that no one is left out.
- Initiatives of the central government such as national lockdown for 21 days are proving to be very effective in meeting the objectives of controlling the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The survey has identified and recorded district-specific problems faced by the authorities and general public in controlling the spread of pandemic.
- Insufficient personal protection equipment for health workers working closely around corona +ve patients.
- Less availability of ventilators in hospitals.
- Training of hospitals in district and sub-district to help them provide efficient treatment to the patients.
Suggestions for The Report
- In order to control the spread of the pandemic following gaps need to be filled:
a) Hospital Preparedness and Infrastructure
b) Quarantining and Isolation Facility
c) Testing Facilities
d) Personal Protection Equipment
e) Foreign travel history and Contact Tracing
f) Temporary and Wage-worker Exodus
g) Sanitizing Public places
h) Essential goods and services.
- Keeping a check on the prices of essential commodities and ensuring its availability to all parts of the country.
- Providing economic support to the poor, migrant workers, middle class, farmers, etc.
- Developing standard operating procedures for interstate movement of people and transport across the state borders.
- Production and procurement of essential medical equipment and protection kits for medical staff.