Whatever season it is summer, winter or rainy; in the tropical areas, we always have sun when we go out. Hence, tanning is a usual problem that most of us who live in tropical areas face very frequently. Though we have sun blocks and sunscreen lotions to guard against the harmful sun rays, not always are they effective or mostly we tend to forget to use them.
In such cases follow few homemade beauty tips that you implement with natural ingredients you find at home. The following are few of the DIY home remedies for tanned skin that all of you can try to remove even harshest of thetans.
Lemon juice and honey pack:
- Add one tablespoon of honey to half a spoon of lemon juice
- Massage mixture to your face and leave it on for an hour.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Tomato juice and yogurt:
- Take small portions of tomato juice and yogurt.
- Apply the juice and yogurt mixture onto your face.
- Keep it on for half an hour before you rinse it with cold water.
Potato juice, Rosewater, and Turmeric:
- Mix a half a teaspoon of turmeric, half a teaspoon of rosewater and a tablespoon of potato juice.
- Massage this solution to your face and let it stay for fifteen minutes.
- This mixture revitalizes the skin and its tissues to add a glow to your face.
Aloe Vera Gel and Lemon:
- Take a small bowl full of fresh aloe vera gel (if you don’t have a fresh one available you can also use packaged gels) and squeeze half a spoon of lemon juice into it before mixing it well.
- Now apply the gel to your affected areas. If you don’t have a sensitive skin you can keep this mixture for a longer period of time like an hour too.
- Wash it off with cold water and repeat the procedure at least once weekly to see effective results.
Coffee, honey and Coconut oil:
- Take half a tablespoon of each of the ingredients; you can add some sugar granules for extra exfoliation.
- Mix the above ingredients well before you apply on your face.
- Leave it on for half an hour and scrub it gently on your face while removing it.
Sandalwood, yogurt, and turmeric:
- Take a one tablespoon sandalwood powder in a bowl and add half a teaspoon of turmeric and yogurt. Add a half a teaspoon olive oil for a moisturizing effect and to prevent drying your skin.
- Mix these above ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Keep the pack applied for 15 minutes. For better results use it at least once a week.
Multanimitti and Rosewater
- This is a classic one which always works. Add a half teaspoon of rosewater to one tablespoon of Multani mitti.
- Mix it into a smooth paste and apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- Keep the pack on for at least 20 minutes for better results.
Orange & Milk Face pack:
- Take dried orange peel and grate it into powder
- Add milk to 2-3 spoons of orange peel powder and make a paste
- Apply it on your face and let it dry for 15-20min
- Wash off with cold water
In case you don’t have Orange peel you can also replace it with lemon peel. You can use it twice a week to remove your tan.
Banana Face pack
- Mash half banana so that there no lumps remain
- Mix it with milk and 2 drops of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture to your face and let it dry
- Wash it with lukewarm water
Besan or Gram Flour Face Pack
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of besan and add a pinch of turmeric powder
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon juice along with milk (if your skin is not oily)
- Apply the paste and let it dry
- After 20min wash your face with lukewarm water
Cucumber face pack
- Take cucumber pulp by cutting it and mash it
- Add lemon juice drop and apply the mixture
- Leave it for 15min and wash your face
Now you know what to do the next time you go out in the sun and get tanned.
Bhumika Kateliya loves cooking and she also writes for a beauty blog named Beautyfitnessfashion