We all want a bathroom where we can relax and forget the humdrum of life. Aside from that, it is also important that it would reflect personal style and has the right fixtures and amenities. Fulfil all your wishes at one go through bathroom remodelling. Whether it’s a leaking bathroom or installing any new fixtures – the key to the success is careful planning and right design selection. But you may also need step-to-step guidance to get a head start on this project.
To help you out, we have come up with some guiding tools irrespective of your bathroom’s size and scope of the project. You will find these ideas to be the real game-changers.
Read on the 6 steps and create a bathroom of your dreams:
1. Plan your project
When you make a goal without a plan, it is considered as a wish. Either it is a small project or a big, lots of planning is needed. First, collect the members of the family who will be using the space. Discuss the fixtures and amenities that are required and the budget that you are willing to spend. Do not forget to keep some extra money for unexpected expenses.
The process will take time, so you need to be patient until it’s completed. Also, do not try to change your plans in the mid of the bathroom renovation project as it can cost you extra bucks. This planning would be very helpful to you to go a long way with the things you wish to do in this project.
In case, you are unable to plan it on your own, contact a professional and talk about your remodelling project. A specialist can also offer you the sight of your style and handle the project along with vendors and installers.
2. Combine the smaller projects
During the renovation of your bathroom, there must be some small projects which you wish to consider with this big project. For example, a bathroom with leakage issue, you can combine it with renovating other areas of the bathroom. Both projects are related to your bathroom, so you can save money and time, thus, making the bathroom remodelling project faster.
3. Look after for recyclable materials
This is the most interesting and creative part of bathroom renovation. Look after for recyclable materials in your house and reuse it in the renovation process. It can be anything, from small to big. If you have old stone countertops, you can break it down into floor tiles and even backsplash tiles. With that, you can give your bathroom a trendy look without hitting hard on your budget.
4. Select the bathroom layouts
This is the toughest job in the bathroom remodelling project. While finalising the layout, think whether it would match the design and does it blend well with the rest of your home. Here are some of the popular layouts, which will help your bathroom to stand out the most.
- Customised bathrooms: This type of bathroom is beyond the standard ones. The only difference is the final design which has a matching countertop and built-in cabinets. Some trendy options include floating vanities and double-wind sinks. Keeping more space for cabinets in the bathroom is important to store linens, toiletries, and emergency supplies.
One important thing to consider while choosing the type of wood for the cabinets is whether it stand up to moisture or not. In this case, professionally-installed cabinets can give you the long-term guarantee.
- Wet rooms: It consists of a shower instead of a bathtub. The floors and walls of your bathroom will be tanked to prevent water from seeping out and causing damage. It is typically designed with a sloping floor so that the water can easily reach the drainage system. While selecting this, the whole room should be properly waterproofed to avoid shower leakage.
You can also separate the shower area from the rest of the bathroom with a glass if you don’t want a swampy toilet seat. Allow your creativity to run wild by placing wood, stone, etc. as it will certainly be a “wow factor” of your home.
- En-suite bathrooms: This type of bathroom is attached to the bedroom with or without physical partitions. Therefore, you cannot try this for your guest bathrooms. It conveys the luxury of privacy, closeness, and convenience.
You can hand-pick any simple and elegant upgrades to give your bathroom a distinctive look. If you do not have en-suite, you can add one by converting a large closet or building on to the bedroom.
- Powder rooms: It is usually located near the entrance of the house and it comes with a sink and a toilet. Unlike other bathrooms, there isn’t any shower or bathtubs. You need to choose the proper layout of this type of room as it will be used by your guests.
It can be an easy extension to your living room as it should be of about 20 square feet in size. Pedestal sinks are a great way to save space for powder rooms.
5. Choose the best accessories
Choosing the best accessories for your bathroom will be like adding extra cheese to your pizza. Out of all the accessories, the main one is lighting. You should try to use as many natural lights as you can. For instance, LED recessed lights. It will save energy as well as reduce the hassle of changing it regularly.
Another most important thing is the mirror of your bathroom. You can choose the cabinets with mirrors having demister. It will ensure a clear reflection of yours when you will step out of the shower.
6. Maximise the space
Try to use the space of your bathroom as much as possible. If you have a small bathroom and want to make bigger then you may need to loosen your creativity to design the space. Placing a glass door for bathtubs or showers would be a perfect idea for space maximization. Even, you can have pedestal sinks in your bathroom as it occupies lesser space.
It’s time to fulfil your dream! After reading the above-listed steps, you must have made an illusion of your renovated bathroom. Now, it’s time to take action. So, follow the steps and create a bathroom of your dreams.