Table of Contents
Blackheads are an early manifestation of acne. Blackheads are not difficult to treat but they are often recurrent. Although they do not cause pain, treatment is still necessary because they lead to widen the pores and cause a serious aesthetic loss. Blackheads normally form on the face, especially around two cheeks. So let’s find out what blackheads are and how to get rid of them on cheeks.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are actually the openings of a pore that has black color at the top, which are visible on the skin. As the dead cells, sebum and dirt accumulate below the pores, causing blockage leading to acne formation. These opening pores cause an oxidation reaction to the acne, forming melanin pigmentation. This is the cause of blackheads.
Blackheads could occur at any age. However, women are more likely than men to suffer. This is a common condition of skin in adolescents and young adults.
What causes blackheads on cheeks?
To resolve and treat blackheads on cheeks in the simplest and most effective way, finding their cause is essential. The following are the most common causes of blackheads in many people:
- Blackheads on cheeks often met at people who have oily skin. The sebaceous glands are stimulated, the oily matter is secreted too much to clog the pores and cannot escape. These pores gradually become hard and form lumps. They are exposed to air, dirt, are not cleaned up and change to black color.
- If you do not clean your face in the right way, you are at high risk of blackheads. This causes the oil to accumulate under the pores and cause blackheads. In addition, drinking inadequate water is also the cause of blackheads.
- Genetic factor: In certain cases, blackheads are inherited from parents to children. If you inherit from the parents, blackheads will appear continuous and difficult to treat.
- Hormone: When estrogen-androgen hormone balance is losing, androgen is more active and make the sebaceous glands work harder, producing excess sebum and causing blackheads.
- Using unsuitable cosmetics is one of the causes of blackheads on cheeks as well.
- Daily habits also can affect the formulation of blackheads. When our body has some problems such as lack of nutrition, depression, stress, sebaceous glands will increase the sebum to make the pores bigger and clogged, and form blackheads.
- The air humidity and environmental pollution cause sweating. Dirty substances are easy to cling to the skin, causing clogged pores.
- Some diseases such as anemia, constipation, thyroid-related diseases are also factors that cause blackheads from inside the body.
How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks?
So how to get rid of blackheads on cheeks easily? Below are some ways and natural products that can help you to eliminate blackheads on cheeks simply.
- Lemon juice
Lemon juice is considered as a natural astringent because its composition contains citric acid which helps to get rid of blackheads on cheeks. Moreover, lemon juice is also rich in nutrients and vitamins which is good for all skin types.
How to use lemon juice to remove blackheads?
- Squeeze one teaspoon of lemon juice, then mix it with 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of salt and a little honey
- Wash your face clearly and apply this to areas that have blackheads
- Leave it on for 10- 15 minutes and wash your face off
You should do it two times per week.
- Green tea
Green tea is a natural tool for treating acne and blackheads. It contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants which help your face free of blackheads.
How to use?
- Crush 100 gram of green tea leaves or use the blender to grind
- Wash your face, use clean cotton ball dipped in the juice of green tea, soaked up on the blackheads areas
- Wait 20 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
You could utilize this treatment every night before going to bed
- Oatmeal and yogurt
Oatmeal contains high levels of avenanthramides, which help reduce inflammation and soothe acne-prone skin. Oatmeal also contains essential minerals as well as B vitamins that exfoliate and cleanse skin effectively.
These substances from oatmeal combine with lactic acid in yogurt to create a perfect mixture to get rid of blackheads.
Remove blackheads with oatmeal and yogurt by:
- Mix three tablespoons of yogurt, two tablespoons of oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice and olive oil
- Wash your face with natural cleanser and apply this mixture to affected areas on your face
- Leave it on for 10- 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Honey is a natural ingredient. It contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help kill harmful bacteria. The honey’s pH is low at 3.2- 4.5, so the bacteria that causes acne and blackheads cannot grow. In addition, honey helps moisturize and tighten pores effectively.
How to use?
- Add pure honey to a clean bowl
- Wash your face and apply honey on your face, especially on 2 sides of the cheeks where have blackheads
- Massage and leave it on for 15 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water and then rinse with cold water
This way should be done at least 2- 3 times per week to give the best result.
- Baking soda
Baking soda is not only a natural cleanser but also considered as an exfoliant to remove dead cells.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of soda powder into water to form a masking mixture
- Wash your face and apply this mixture on your face, especially at affected areas.
- Leave it on 10- 15 minutes to dry, then rinse with lukewarm water
In conclusion, with simple and effective methods at the above, you can get rid of blackheads on cheeks easily and savingly.