The union cabinet of the government of India has approved the inclusion of the AYUSH Health and Wellness Centre in the National AYUSH Mission(NAM).
About AYUSH HWC
- Ayushman Bharat is a programme of the GoI to deliver a comprehensive range of health care services.
- It will follow two different approaches complementary to each other
First Approach is to create 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres throughout the nation to deliver a comprehensive range of primary health care services that would be universally accessible and at free of cost.
Second Approach is the health insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per year to over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families for seeking secondary and tertiary care under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY).
New Inclusion by the Cabinet
- It is proposed by the union cabinet that it will provide a financial help of Rs.3399 Crore to make AYUSH HWCs fully operational in a span of five years starting from 2019 to 2024.
- Under the National AYUSH Mission the ministry of AYUSH has proposed the following 2 models to upgrade the 12,500 already operational AYUSH dispensaries and Sub Health Centres throughout the nation.
Benefits of The Scheme
- The scheme is empowered to provide universal health coverage.
- It will help in reducing the out of pocket expenditure by following a self care model approach.
- It will reduce the burden from the already overburdened secondary and tertiary health care facilities.