Table of Contents
Have you, like a lot of other girls, ever wished you were as tall as, say, Adriana Lima or Cindy Crawford? Or just a few inches taller? Don’t fret. Your height doesn’t control your chances of looking like your favorite supermodel. Even if you’re petite, you can look amazing and effortlessly stylish at all times.
Getting that supermodel look takes more than just beauty; it’s more about confidence and attitude. It’s true that good genes are a factor but it the end, it really all boils down to the following secrets.
1. Develop your fashion sense
If you don’t have much knowledge about fashion, you can educate yourself or enroll in a reputable modeling agency. Visiting fashion blogs is also a good way to learn more about fashion. Find inspiration to incorporate into your day-to-day outfits, and observe how petite models like Kate Moss carry their clothing.
Find your own style
Choose outfits that’ll make you feel comfortable in your own skin. It should be something that’ll help express who you are, your personality. Avoid trends that don’t appeal to you and don’t wear clothes that make you feel self-conscious.
- Select clothes that reflect your lifestyle and personality.
- Try to develop a signature look for special occasions.
Wear shoes that make sense
Make sure that you have a variety of shoes for every season, most especially if you’re in a location where the weather dramatically changes.
- Summer – flip flops, sandals, espadrilles
- Spring – wedge flip flops, ballet flats, fierce pumps
- Autumn – Mary Janes, cowgirl boots, earth-toned flats
- Winter – warm boots
Have the basic fashion items
To look like a supermodel, you should have the following essential items in your closet.
- Killer Heels – A good pair of heels can instantly make you look taller, confident and give you better posture. It doesn’t have to be stilettos, you can opt for wedges or heeled boots instead.
- Skinny Jeans – Slim and fitted jeans will make your legs appear leaner and longer. Plus, they can go with anything!
- Basic Black – The color black is slimming. It’s also classic, and you can wear it from day until night. It’s simple, stylish and goes with everything.
- Fitted Jacket – A high-quality fitted jacket is one of the best investments you can make; not necessarily something made of leather. Find something classic that you can dress down or dress up.
- Designer Shades – No supermodel will leave the house without his or her sunglasses. The right shades will make you look runway ready even if you didn’t have enough sleep and protect your eyes from the sun.
2. Work on maintaining a good posture
Having good posture is the first step to looking like a supermodel. Pull your shoulders back, pull in your core, and push your pelvis a little forward. If you want to become a model, practice balancing a book on top of your head while working on your posture. The key is to stand with the confidence.
- When standing: stand straight with your chin up, chest out and shoulders back.
- When sitting: sit straight, back against the chair and don’t slouch.
3. Take good care of yourself
Models have glowing skin because they maintain a skincare regimen. It’s important that you take care not just of your skin but also of your entire self.
- Wash and moisturize your face every morning and night.
- Use a gentle cleanser on your face.
- Don’t overdo treatments because they can cause skin irritation.
- Always remove makeup at night.
- Never sleep with makeup on to avoid pimples and clogged pores.
- Visit a dermatologist when you have skin issues like oily skin and severe acne.
Maintain a healthy weight
Being healthy is more than just having a slender body. Your weight should be appropriate to your age and height. Follow your doctor’s advice to get to the right weight range. Don’t focus on eating the way models do. Instead, concentrate on a having a healthy diet as much as possible.
Drink plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water every day is important for good health and glowing skin. The amount of water that you should drink each day varies based on your weight. But the standard is at least 8 glasses per day.
4. “Wear” confidence
What’s on the inside counts more than what’s on your outside appearance. When you have confidence in yourself, it’ll show in your style! Your inner model will shine, and people will notice. How you carry yourself with confidence showcases how sure you are of yourself.
Height doesn’t matter in fashion! Wear something you love that reflects who you are. Being petite becomes insignificant when you have confidence similar to that of a supermodel’s.
Jessicka Bell co-founded the AgenC, one of the leading model/talent agencies in the Middle East, in 2014. After just three years in the market, the AgenC now works with most (if not all) of the heavy hitters in media and fashion, as well as represents over 1,000 talents ranging from international models through to cast, kids, creatives, and photographers.