Table of Contents
What Are Bed Bug Bites?
Bed bug bites are known as annoying insects which can hide in the soft and warm
places such as couches, bed and even clothes. Those bugs can feed on the host at
nighttime, leaving you some little bite marks although they are not always
dangerous. Bed bug bites need to be cured in the right away to help stop some
unexpected symptoms and possible allergic reactions. In order to get rid of more bed
bug bites, you might need some natural ways to eliminate them completely.
Following are top impressive ways on how to treat bed bug bites successfully.
- Inspect those bites carefully
Take note that you might misunderstand between bed bug bites and insect bites, such as mosquito bites. Bed bug bites can lead to a reddish bump, but they can be considered as a blister. In fact, the bites are quite difficult to differ from another insect bites.
How to apply:
- Even though bed bug bites are uneasy to classify, however, they also have some unique features. Most of the bites happen in a group and a row of tree or bites or it can occur in kind of red bumps. They usually happen in a zig-zag formation, but if those bugs bite you every morning, they can occur in the straight line.
- Take note that bug bites can occur to those exposed regions of your body like the face, neck, feet or arms. Unlike mosquito bites, bed bug bites can also appear on the back of your knees or in your skin folds.
- Typically, the rash or the bump can vanish after one or two weeks. Even though an individual bite heal, you can keep being bitten. When they are still bedbugs, they will not give up on biting you.
- Concentrate on when those bites happen
For instance, if you can notice the bites after getting up, please consider. But, this case is quite not easy to decide since each person’s reaction at time vary. Symptoms which the result from those bites might manifest at the point from several hours to up to a week after being bitten.
How to apply:
- As you might not know about, bed bug bites can possess in a long incubation. Noticeable symptoms like red itching bumps can happen for more than 10 days after you are bitten.
- Check Your Living Space To Seek for Bedbugs Signs.
Begin with where you sleep. The bug also appears where people are so that they can take warm blood. A sign is the red spots on your sheets. These spots might come from the bedbug which is squashed when feeding or from those bites on you as the bugs finish feeding on your body.
How to apply:
- Inspect the entire mattress, like seams and lining to search for carcasses, sleeping bedbugs, or feces. Check with your pillowcases, sheets or pillows
- In fact, you cannot see and catch the living bedbug. They are described as small brownish insects with their oval shapes body. They also hide very well. But, finding bedbugs are the way to help you confirm what bite you.
- Consult Your Doctor
Don’t forget that one of the best handy tips on how to get rid of bed bug bites is consulting the doctor. You should check with your doctor those bites. But, there is still a good chance that the physician cannot diagnose that you can be bitten by the bites since the sign looks similar to another insect bites and other skin condition. However, you can be comfortable when visiting the doctor who can help you confirm that those bedbugs are not harmful to people.
The doctor can give you a corticosteroid ointment to help ease the itching as well as inflammation. The ointment is much stronger than those you buy the over the counter.
- Wash The Bites With Soap and Water
You should not forget to wash your affected area with soap and water because it helps eliminate the itchiness as well as inhibit the skin infection.
How to apply:
- Rinse you’re affected with soap and water
- Wet the surface of the hands with soap and water
- Apply the lather to your affected skin area
- Perform the same process as necessary
- Apply Some Home Remedies To Relieve The Itching
Another natural and safe way on how to get rid of bed bug bites are applying some home treatment. Those home remedies help alleviate the itching connected with those bites.
How to apply:
- Create a paste of water and baking soda
- Rub the paste over your affected skin area
- Let it pat dry as well as stay over the rash for about an hour or even more and then wash it off with warm water
- Dip a cotton ball into lemon juice
- Dap the cotton ball in the rash to help control the itching
- Use Some Calamine Lotion
You can feel free to opt for applying calamine lotion since this treatment helps to offer the relief from those bed bug bites symptoms. In addition, it aids in drying the rash, hereby protecting your skin from the harmful condition.
In addition to the above ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites, you might need to consult the physician if the bites do not disappear in just two weeks. You had better see the doctor if you suffer from such skin condition as a blister or multiple bites.
Ashley Bennet is a mood matching writer and a well-trained health consultant. She has worked and trained in the field of Nutrition and Health for over 3 years, consistently providing people with useful information about nutrition as well as helping them with their common health problems.